- Encryption is automatic, real-time (on-the-fly) and transparent.
- Parallelization and pipelining allow data to be read and written as fast as if
- Creates a virtual encrypted disk within a file and mounts it as a real disk.
- the drive was not encrypted.
- Encryption can be hardware-accelerated on modern processors.
- Provides plausible deniability, in case an adversary forces you to reveal the password: Hidden volume (steganography) and hidden operating system.
- Encrypts an entire partition or storage device such as a USB flash drive or hard drive.
- Encrypts a partition or drive where Windows is installed (pre-boot authentication).
Encrypt whole volumes on the fly
Fully detailed user guides and forum support
Not for beginners
Can be very slow to use
|Whats New (version 1.24 Update 7)|
- Fix wrong results in benchmark of encryption algorithms when RAM encryption is enable
- Fix issue when RAM encryption used, AES selected and AES-NI not supported by CPU that caused the free space of newly created volumes not filled with random data even if "quick format" is not selected
- Fix UI for blocking TRIM in system encryption not working in MBR boot mode
- Support password drag-n-drop from external applications (e.g. KeePass) to password UI fields which is more secure than using clipboard
- Implements compatibility with Windows 10 Modern Standby and Windows 8.1 Connected Standby power model. This makes detection of entring power saving mode more reliable
- Avoid displaying waiting dialog when /silent specified for "VeraCrypt Format" during creating of file container using /create switch and a filesystem other than FAT
- Use native Windows format program to perform formatting of volume since it is more reliable and only fallback to FormatEx function from fmifs.dll in case of issue
- Don't use API for Processor Groups support if there is only 1 CPU group in the system. This can fix slowness issue observed on some PCs with AMD CPUs
- Don't allow to encrypt the system drive if it is already encrypted by BitLocker
- Implement detection of Hibernate and Fast Startup and disable them if RAM encryption is activated
- Warn about Fast Startup if it is enabled during VeraCrypt installation/upgrade, when starting system encryption or when creating a volume, and propose to disable it
- Add UI options to control the behavior of automatic bootloader fixing when System Encryption used
- Don't allow a directory path to be entered for the file container to be created in Format wizard
- Don't try to use fix for CVE-2019-19501 if Windows Shell has been modified or is not running since there is no reliable way to fix it in such non standard configuation
- MBR bootloader: fix incorrect compressed data size passed to decompressor in boot sector
- Add warning message when typed password reaches maximum length during the system encryption wizard
- Fix wrong error message when UTF-8 encoding of entered password exceeds the maximum supported length
- Fix crash when using portable 32-bit "VeraCrypt Format.exe" to create hidden volume on a 64-bit machine where VeraCrypt is already installed
- Update libzip to latest version 1.7.3
- Update translations
|Publisher web site||http://www.idrix.fr/Root/mos/Frontpage/Itemid,1/|
|Release Date||July 09, 2017|
|Last Update On||2020/08/09|
|Version||1.24 Update 7|
|Compatible With||Windows XP/2003/Vista/7/8/8.1/10|
|Downloads Last 7 Days||26|
|PRICE And Limits|