Though the interface design could use a splash of color, we found converting files to PDFs extremely fast and easy thanks to pdfFactory’s extremely easy-to-use interface navigation.
- Instant PDFs from any software: One-click PDF creation.
- Combine multiple documents into one PDF: Even from multiple sources.
- Rearrange pages using thumbnail view
- Rotate pages
- Instant preview: Without having to save and open in Acrobat.
- Security: Encrypt and control access to PDF files:
- Font embedding: All original fonts are displayed, even if the reader does not have them.
- Page insertion and deletion: Delete unwanted content before the PDF is created.
- Send via email: eMail PDFs with one click. Copy PDF to clipboard for pasting into an existing email.
- Drag & Drop: Easy integration with Evernote, Gmail and other cloud based facilities.
The program can be accessed through any program’s Print function. For our tests, we converted Word documents, Excel files, and even Web pages. Once we selected the program from our printer options, our selected files and/or Web pages were immediately converted into PDFs that we could preview through the drab, but functional, main user interface. The tabbed-style display window gave us options for embedding fonts and converting original URLs to PDF links, both of which worked perfectly. We were able to apply a description of the PDF, including the title, subject, author, and keywords. The program’s Security feature let us select from two encryption methods, as well as require users to enter a password to read the document. As soon as we finished configuring our newly created PDF, we were able to successfully save it to our location of choice and easily send it via e-mail.
The program contains a built-in Help menu that offers a search function. Novice users will find it especially helpful with explaining the importance of embedding fonts, as well as describing all of the program’s functions. Users of all skill levels will find the 30-day trial more than enough time to appreciate pdfFactory’s ease of use and effectiveness.