Opera comes with a sleek interface, customizable Speed Dial, the Discover feature, which helps you find fresh web content, the data-saving Opera Turbo mode, visual bookmarks, over 1000 extensions.Opera for computers is a fast and secure browser trusted by millions of users. With the intuitive interface, Speed Dial and visual bookmarks for organizing favorite sites, news feature with fresh, relevant content, speed-boosting Opera Turbo mode and more handy features, Opera has everything you need to do more on the web. Also, with 1700+ available extensions, you can mix and match additional features to customize the browser the way you want.
It keeps your browsing safe, so you can stay focused on the content. A secure browser protects you from known malicious sites. The app’s fraud and malware protection will warn you if a website tries to defraud you, steal your password, or install a virus.
Get more done
Recently closed tabs, tab cycling for those who juggle with multiple pages at once, and other small improvements save you time online. Also, with visual bookmarks, not available in any other browser by default, you can get back to interesting sites quickly. You can even share bookmarks with your friends.
Opera browser brings you more speed, more safety and more ways to discover content on the web.
Here are some of the key features that will help you make the most of your internet surfing:
* Opera has an intuitive and elegant interface that is integrated with Windows, Mac, and Linux platforms.
* If you have a slow connection, for example, on congested Wi-Fi and 3G networks, you can speed up your browsing with the Opera Turbo feature.
* Opera’s news feature brings you the latest articles and other interesting content from all over the world straight to the browser’s start page.
* With Opera’s visual bookmarks, not available in any other browser by default, you can organize your favorite sites in a gallery with page thumbnails.
* The Speed Dial lets you keep the most important sites one click away: add sites’ thumbnails to the browser’s start page and group them in folders, as needed.
* In Opera’s add-ons catalog, you can get over 1,700 extensions to customize the browser. From sidebar notes and in-browser messengers to advanced developer features – mix and match extensions to get a perfect browsing experience.
* Also, you can add a personal touch to the browser by changing background themes (including animated ones!).
* Pick up browsing in Opera on another computer or mobile device by syncing your bookmarks, open tabs and other browsing data in the cloud.
* Once a new version is available, Opera updates automatically so that you don’t miss the latest features and security improvements.
We constantly add smaller and bigger improvements, and we have a lot of updates in the pipeline.
But, Opera isn’t just about cool features. It’s about your experience on the web – more info, more content, more fun, more communication. We’re happy to deliver this to millions of people around the world. Give it a try – download our browser today and join the Opera family!
For most of us, web browsing is a central plank of our computing. We browse from all our devices, and we want our browsers to be slick and fast, sleek, easy to use and, increasingly, to offer added features over and above simply the ability to show us web pages as the designer intended them to be.
Opera has certainly been around for a long time — more than 20 years, in fact. Yet it isn’t that widely known, and currently has less than five percent of the global market share for browsers. But don’t let that put you off. The figure belies the range of features Opera offers, and anyone looking for a change from the browser they’ve been using for years and years might want to give it a look.
As well as the Windows version we’re looking at here, there are free Opera versions for Android, iOS, Mac and Linux.
Stay in sync
Easily pick up browsing where you left off, across your devices. Just sign in to your account to access bookmarks and open tabs in Opera Browser 64 bit on your computer or mobile device. Remember to get the browser for your phone and tablet, too
Compatible with plenty of extensions
As mentioned earlier, Opera web browser for PC comes with several extensions. Additionally, it’s compatible with most of the extensions available in Google Chrome. It’s possible to add almost any third-party functionality.
While most people prefer using extensions for ad blockers, which saves a good amount of time throughout the browsing experience, Opera comes with a built-in ad blocker. From the settings, you can switch on this feature in just a couple of clicks.
Built-in VPN for additional security
Though Opera isn’t the most secure web browser, a built-in VPN is an excellent addition. Unfortunately, it’s limited use means you can’t choose a specific region or country. Instead, it allows you to choose from Americas, Asia, and Europe. Moreover, since it lacks encryption beyond HTTPS and a tunneling protocol, you can’t circumvent the regional restrictions for Netflix and other similar services.
Having said that, Opera still offers some good features and tweaks. For instance, when you select text that contains measurement units, time zones, or currency, Opera automatically converts them and displays the conversion right above your selection. While it’s a small feature, other browsers should take cue and implement something similar soon.
Though Opera is not the perfect browser, it still comes with several features from the get-go. Tab previews, automatic unit conversions, integrated messaging apps, and the ability to detach videos from the main screen set Opera apart from the competition. Moreover, the clean and simple interface ensures a smooth browsing
Opera might not be the most widely used of web browsers, but it does have some really enticing features, including it free VPN and the sidebar which you can customize to provide just the shortcuts you need. Versions for Android, iOS and Mac increase its appeal, and some really useful additional features like automatic data conversion and the pop-out video player make Opera well worth a look.